Back Market Trade In & Trade Up FAQs
1) Who’s eligible to participate in this Trade-In & Trade-Up Program?
- Customers must start their trade-in on Back Market by first visiting the PlayStation x Back Market Trade-in Promotion Page. Customers who do not start from this page will not be eligible for the program.
- Customers must ship their PS4 for trade-in to the refurbisher designated by Back Market by May 31, 2024 and complete the trade-in process.
- Vouchers are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only applicable to US residents.
2) How do I initiate a Trade-In Trade-Up program ?
- Customers must start their trade-in on Back Market by first visiting the PlayStation x Back Market Trade-in Promotion Page.
- From there, click either “Start Your Trade-In Now” or “Explore” to get to the Back Market site for trade-in.
3) Is there a deadline for me to do the Trade-In Trade-Up to be eligible for this $50 voucher?
Participants must ship their PS4 to the refurbishers by May 31, 2024 to be eligible for $50 voucher.
4) When will I receive my Trade-Up voucher?
Once your device is sent to the refurbisher and you’re paid for your trade-in, you’ll receive an email with your unique code.
5) I have shipped my PS4 and have received my cash from Back Market, but I have not received my Trade-Up voucher.
In order to qualify for the program, you have must started your trade-in from the PlayStation x Back Market Trade-In Promotional Page. Your PS4 must have been shipped to the Back Market refurbisher no later than May 31, 2024.
See below for specific Terms & Conditions* for the program.
If you meet these conditions, please check your spam or junk mail box. If you still did not receive your voucher, please contact Back Market via their help center.
6) What can I purchase with this $50 voucher?
It is a voucher for purchase of a PS5 console or bundle, or PS VR2, redeemable only at https://direct.playstation.com/en-us. The voucher cannot be used on pre-orders.
7) I have misplaced or lost my Trade-Up voucher code. Can you send me another one?
Please contact Back Market via their help center. Back Market agents can organise for the original voucher code to be re-sent.
8) How do I redeem the Trade-Up voucher code?
You can redeem your Trade-Up voucher codes on https://direct.playstation.com/en-us by adding a valid item to your cart, selecting PROMO CODE, entering the code, selecting APPLY and following the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
9) I returned the PS5 I purchased with the Trade-Up voucher. Will I get a refund of the voucher?
Voucher codes are non-refundable as per our returns and refund policy.
10) Can I pass my Trade-Up voucher to someone else for their purchase of a PS5?
No, the voucher is only intended for the original recipient.
11) When will my Trade-Up voucher expire?
Trade-In Trade-Up vouchers will expire on June 30, 2024 at 23:59 EST.
Don’t see your question here?
*Voucher offer valid only for PS5 consoles / bundles and PS VR2s purchased at https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/, and cannot be used on pre-orders or combined with other offers. Vouchers expire on June 30, 2024 at 11:59pm EST. One voucher issued per person. Vouchers may only be redeemed by the recipient one time, and offer only applies to U.S. residents. PS4™ Trade-in must be initiated from https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/trade-in-and-trade-up, and PS4™ must be shipped to Back Market refurbisher by May 31, 2024 to be eligible for $50 voucher. $50 voucher will be sent by Back Market after trade-in is complete. Offer subject to change or cancellation at any time, and no substitutions or replacement vouchers will be granted. Offer is also subject to Back Market Trade-In Terms and Conditions available here: https://www.backmarket.com/terms/buyback.